KAYSERI ATATÜRK MUSEUM
Imamzade Rasid Aga Mansion is one of the distinguished examples of civil architecture and Kayseri houses, as well as Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, was entertained here in his first visit (19 December 1919) and the house has become one of the important places of recent history. It was located in the Cumhuriyet street of Melikgazi district, and It is an old Turkish house belonging to the late Ottoman period in the 19th century. It was registered as Immovable Cultural Property Required to be Protected in 1976 and was expropriated by the Ministry of Culture in 1978. Later, the mansion was restored and opened to visitors as the "Atatürk House" in 1983. On December 19, 1988, the second floor of the building was reorganized and started to serve as the "Atatürk Museum". The management offices of the Gallery Directorate of the Ministry of Culture and the exhibition hall are located on the first floor. The building, which is one of the few keep standing examples of many Kayseri houses built with the same material and workmanship, is a civil architectural structure with interesting architectural features, more handcrafted, built under the influence of local features. It is one of the last examples of environmental structure tradition since the Middle Ages.
KAYSERI HIGH SCHOOL – (National Struggle Museum)
Degree – yî Ûlâ Mekteb – î Mülkiye High School was known to have been built in 1904, during the reign of Abdulhamid II. Smooth cut stone was used throughout the work. Brown stone was preferred for the arches of the portico. Education and training first started at Seyfullah Efendi mansion in Kapan District. The middle school (ottoman junior high school), the first part of the high school, was built in 1870 by Ahmed Pasha, who was the captain from Kayseri. The 1st floor of today's Kayseri High School was built in H.1322 / M.1904 in Kiçikapı District. The second floor of the building was completed in 1915-1916 and its name was changed to "Sultanî". In 1927, it was named "Kayseri High School" and became operational. An additional building was built in 1927, for the two-story building did not meet the needs. In the same year, a conference hall, dining hall, and library were added 20 m southeast of the high school. Kayseri High School has also served as the museum where historical artifacts in the region are collected since its establishment and has formed the basis of Kayseri museums. With the protocol signed between the Provincial Directorate of National Education and Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality in 2014, it was decided to allocate the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality for 50 years. It is now open to the public under the name of the National Struggle Museum.
ZAWIYAH OF AHI EVRAN (Tradesmen and Craftsmen Museum)
It is located in the south of the city center, on Talas Street, near Döner Kumbet and Emir Ali Tomb. It is founded on the foundation of charity in a harmonious combination of morality and art, hospitality and benevolence, taking all the principles from the real source of religion. Ahi Evran, also known as "Ebu'l-Hakayık" and the founder of the Ahi Organization, which has guided all tradesmen, craftsmen, and professionals for centuries and organized their work, pioneered the establishment of the Ahi Organization in Kayseri. In this respect, the activities of Ahi Evran, the founder of the first tradesmen organization in the history of Turkish culture, continued in Kayseri for centuries even after his death on the system that he determined the principles. The "Ahi Evran Zawiyah", which was built in his name during the years he lived, it has preserved its existence until the last century of the Ottoman Empire. The Zawiyah located on Talas Street today is important in this sense. It was similar to the architectural plan scheme applied in the lodges in the 13th century in Anatolia. Looking at the masonry and plan of the lodge It makes, it was guessed that it was built in the 13th century. The Zawiyah of Ahi Evran; Today, it was included in the scope of antiquities by the Relief and Monuments Board, the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality repaired it, and it was allocated to the Union of Chambers of Tradesmen and Craftsmen to be used as the "Tradesmen and Craftsmen Museum". It has been used as a museum since 2002.
GEVHER NESIBE HOSPITAL (MUSEUM OF SELJUKS CIVILIZATIONS)
Gevher Nesibe Hospital and Gıyasiyesi Madrasah, also known as “Double Madrasa”, was built by the Seljuk rulers Kılıçarslan II.’s daughter, upon the will of Gevher Nesibe Sultan, was built by his brother Gıyaseddin Keyhüsrev I. in 1205-1206.
Drawing attention to its simple architecture, the Kulliye is one of the most important surviving structures of Anatolian architectural history. Although it was partially repaired during the Ottoman Period, extensive restoration work was carried out starting from the 1960s when it was in ruins. It has been used as the Medical History Museum by Erciyes University since the 1980s. With the transfer of the use of Double Madrasa to our Municipality in 2012, the works to establish the Seljuk Museum started.
Minor repairs, especially the roof, in the building, creation of the museum collection, and preparation of its contents continued intensively for 2 years. In the end, this monument, which is an important part of the local and universal cultural heritage as well as its historical and imaginary value for the city, was turned into a museum that promotes the Anatolian Seljuk world in its different aspects. The Museum was opened to service on 21 February 2014.
The museum, which focuses on the Anatolian Middle Ages and Seljuk Civilization, based on the history of the city, has been planned with a thematic approach. The museum, which highlights the civilization related to the Seljuk Civilization in some, and the other part brings frontline the feature of hospital. In the part related to the Seljuk Civilization; There are elements such as 'Seljuk City', 'architecture', 'art', 'science', 'clothing', and parts such as 'Seljuks in Kayseri' and 'Seljuks in Anatolia'. In the section about Şifahiye; There are sections such as 'diseases', 'treatment methods and tools', 'scholars', 'medicine', 'water and health', 'therapy with music', 'treatment with color'.
In addition to the Seljuk and its recent works exhibited in the museum, there are interactive and technological visual areas. Thus, our visitors; receive information about Seljuk Civilization by listening, experimenting, applying, and using technological tools. Also, there are cartoons and various games in children's room for children to love the museum and Seljuk. There are also venues for various concerts and cultural activities in the museum.
KAYSERİ ARCHEOLOGY MUSEUM
With the protocol dated 30.04.2012 signed between the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality, it was decided to build a new museum in Kayseri Citadel. The construction of the museum, whose project was approved by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, was started by the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality in 2013 and the last deficiencies were completed in May 2019 and delivered to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. With the workers and vehicles provided by the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality, the moving process started in May 2019, and the transfer of the works to the new museum and the arrangement of the exhibition was completed in September. The castle is used by the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality as a culture and art center (cafeterias, artists' street, etc.), and the basement floor and mezzanine floor have been allocated to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and arranged as a museum area. Following the protocol signed, the construction and exhibition-arrangement of the museum were financed by the Metropolitan Municipality under the control of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
The museum, with administrative offices on the mezzanine floor, sits on an area of 5500 m2. In the museum; There is a specialized library, a conference hall, a children's education area, a laboratory, a temporary exhibition hall, a DÖSİM sales store, warehouses, a work exhibition hall in 8 sections, and an open exhibition area at the entrance where large stone sarcophagi are displayed.
In the Age of Assyrian Trade Colonies, the people of Anatolia established relations with the Mesopotamian culture, which was the basis of ancient civilizations, as well as skillfully using the most important invention of human history. A group of collective finds found in sand quarries near the town of Felahiye consists of 11 halberd-shaped axes, 3 axes with shank holes, 1 scepter head, and 11 rings. These work of arts showed that Kayseri was an important center in terms of metal art 4300 years ago. Cymbals found with weapons have been used as musical instruments in rituals since the Early Bronze Age. In the Hittite section of the museum, a golden sun goddess figurine found in Çiftlik village of Sarıoğlan district is exhibited. The figurine, dated to the Hittite Imperial Period, sits on a throne with no back, slightly upturned sides, and wears a thick coat and a round headdress that completely covers its body. Among the works exhibited in the museum from the Classical and Archaic periods (680-330 BC), the most important are the coins. Lydians were the first to mint coins in the Archaic period. Persian kings and Greek city-state rulers followed. In the museum; There are sculptures, ceramics (terra sigillata is the most used type of pottery and is black and red), coins, oil lamps, figurines, statuettes, medical instruments, weapons made of bronze, jewelry. While symbols were seen on the obverse in Roman period works, it started to take place on the back in the Hellenistic period and Emperor depictions were used on the front. Hellenistic statues, coins, and glass bottles have an important place in the museum. In the Ottoman section, there is a model of the inner castle with piercing and cutting weapons to harmonize with the castle. At the exit of the museum, Islamic period inscriptions and tombstones are exhibited.